Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

I'm so happy I finally got an email from my friend, Judy. I was really getting worried - nobody had heard from her in awhile. She says she's managing okay. She had a good report from the doctor last week. She has to continue chemo for awhile after surgery as a precaution. So, a few more months to go of treatment. She asked me to thank everybody for your prayers. It's what's keeping her going. I'm going to look forward to seeing her in a few weeks!! God is so good!

Today, I watched "The Passion of the Christ" by myself. I bawled like a baby. It's a very powerful movie and makes you realize the price Jesus paid for our sins. We forget the brutality of that day. Praise God that on the third day, he took Jesus home where he's making a beautiful place for us to live one day.

I'm pretty much ready for Sunday. The Craigs and the Toms families are coming out for dinner. There's not going to be a lack of food, for sure! I made little rice krispy treat Easter baskets and filled them with green tinted coconut and chocolates. I tied bows on them and they will sit on each plate as a little favor. I am using paper plates this year, but they're really pretty - yellow and aqua squares with yellow napkins. I don't have fancy dinnerwear, so this is a good substitute - plus, they're throw-away!!!

Brent called yesterday - he's getting very excited about coming home. However, he's planning to go to Cincinnati for a Bengals game while he's here. He tried to convince us to go with them as a fun little road trip. We're not really into that idea! Apparently, Tammy's gotten interested in football and she's adopted the Bengals as her team. Too bad she didn't fall in love with Buffalo! Anyway, they're not even getting here until May 27th and they're leaving on June 6th to go back to Joanne's before leaving for Italy. I don't know if we'll get to see them when they get back from Italy or if they fly right out to Taiwan. I'll try to put together a little party for them here the weekend of June 1st. Unfortunately, Fran and Mike and Jan and Paul will all be away then. I'll see if Pen and Howard and Brad and Nev can come down. Anyway, I'm getting excited!
 
Well, stay tuned as I'm sure to take lots of pictures of our Easter celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment