Sorry I haven't updated my blog for awhile! I've kept my Mom up to date and forgot to write in here. Oh well, I'm here now. We've had so much snow! I can't remember this much since I moved to Canada in 1967. I know we used to get lots of the fluffy white stuff out in Montana - and they're still getting it! Mom has to try to dig herself out every few days or she wouldn't be seen until Spring!! And, at 86 years old, it's not so easy! I'm almost embarrassed to put up my snow pictures. I'm sure many of you have had lots more than we've had, but...here are a few anyway.
I got to go to a scrapbooking evening with Christine, Bev and Dawn (a friend of Chris') in Jordan. Tamara was our hostest. We had lots of fun and got lots done. She's a Creative Memories Consultant (like I used to be) and her basement is set up to do workshops in. When we walked in, I asked Christine if we could just move in and live there! Chris used to be a CM Consultant, too. I won a door prize - woohoo! It's a little booklet for valentines with stickers and ribbon - very cute! We finally packed up around 11:30 p.m. to come home - exhausted, but happy! Here are a few snaps from that evening.
Sunday, of course, was the Super Bowl (hurray Packers!), so we went over to Pastor Rene and Christine's to celebrate the day. Chris set up her diningroom for scrapbooking and the "boys" watched the game. We had all kinds of food and treats. It was a great time! I'm almost finished Brent and Tammy's wedding scrapbook. I'm very pleased with the results. I'm not sure if I will post the pages on facebook before I give them the finished product (so they'll be surprised) or if I'll just put a few pictures on here. You don't want to wait until next Christmas to see them, right? Oh, okay then - as soon as I photograph them, I'll put them on here.
Here are some Super Bowl photos!
Today, the fellow came to take measurements for the countertop. He says it will be another couple of weeks before they can get started on it. Then, it will only take a day to install it, if there are no adjustments to be made. It's going to be really nice!
I haven't had an update on Dawn's sister or on Kyle in a while - that's one reason for the delay in updating my blog. I'm hoping that no news is good news! I will let you know as soon as I hear anything more.
James called the other night. He sounds happy. I asked him how Rachel's parents feel about him dating their daughter and he said that he asked them first. Very classy, my son!
I got a lovely email from our beautiful daughter-in-law Tammy today. She's got a new job - listen in:
Dear Mom and Dad:
Happy Chinese New Year! We just celebrated Chinese New Year, which fell on Feb 3rd this year. Brent and I went back to Taipei for couple days. Our family went to I-Lan this year for the Chinese New Year's Eve. A lot of people travelled during this six-day vacation. The traffic was very bad. There are so many things going on that I need to update for you.
First of all, I found a new job and today is my first day for work. It's a full-time position at a trade company, exporting products to North America and Europe. I work as a foreign sales who deals with purchase order. I got up at 6 am today, and was very exhausted by the end of the day. However, I'm very excited about the new job, and I'll keep you posted for anything fun and exciting at work. :)
Love you and Dad.
Kisses and hugs
Tammy
Well, that's it for now. I'm hoping Fran and Mike will come out either this weekend or next. They're just back from a week in sunny Jamaica, so we'll get to hear all about the nice sunny, warm beach-y vacation! This Friday, we're invited to watch a hockey game at Brock University. A bunch of our neighbours are going (one of the guys is a coach). It should be fun!

















No comments:
Post a Comment