Sunday, August 8, 2010

The faster I go....the behinder I get!

First of all, thank you so much for your faithfulness in praying for our friends and family. Prayers do work. One day, we will have all the answers, but for now we just need to believe God has his VERY best interest in mind for us.

Our James had a very tough week last week. His very close friend passed away suddenly in his sleep. Of all people for this to happen to...he was only 24 years old, he was in the military, eating the best food, getting the best exercise and then just didn't wake up. I am reminded of my cousin Bev's son, Frank, who also woke up in Heaven very unexpectedly for his family and friends, but not unexpectedly for God who, the Bible says, had a huge party and feast waiting to welcome him home.

I remember James telling me that Luke was a believer and from all the things I heard about him at the funeral on Friday, I tend to believe it. This is the poem written on Luke's funeral card - it speaks volumes:

I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard him call;
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,
then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow;
My life's been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.

Perhaps my time seems all too brief;
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.

So special! When we got home on Thursday evening, I checked my email to find this urgent prayer request from my friend, Frances. Please tuck this under your pillow tonight as you say your prayers.

Hi Phil… just got a call from a dear friend on staff, who is 36 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child.

Her name is Deanne and her husband is Todd.

Deanne has just found out that she has a tumour in her brain….. and is now scheduled to see a specialist in Toronto next Wednesday morning to discuss “next steps” in terms of both the tumour and the baby!


PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PUT THIS OUT FOR PRAYER AT YOUR CHURCH AND ANYWHERE ELSE THAT THERE ARE PRAYER WARRIORS….

They attend a church occasionally, but are not to my knowledge, SAVED.
Love,
Fran

I'm still planning to write more stories about our Taiwan adventure, I promise. I've been putting a slideshow together of our whole trip, but am waiting for some more pictures from other sources, as backup. Stay tuned!

We had a lovely time in Massey last week. Wayne (Bern's cousin) and his wife Lise couldn't have been more hospitable! We were planning to only stay a couple of days to attend a birthday party on Friday night and then the Lachance family reunion on Saturday, but we ended up staying until Thursday morning! It's that darned "Hand and Foot" card game! We taught them the game, so  of course, we had to play it...and play it...and play it! It's so much fun. Penny and Howard arrived on Thursday. We all had supper together on Friday at the Dragonfly Restaurant before we went to the 50th day party for Pauline (wife of Bern's other cousin, Dennis). I will be uploading pictures soon. There's not enough time in a day, is there? I still have to work on my scrapbook of the trip to Taiwan....when, I do not know!!! Oh well. Stay tuned for that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment