Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Solomon not doing so great...

My brother, Arnie passed along this email from our brother, Rick (Solomon's Dad) - please read and pray...

To answer you question about how things are going, well... perspective is the key word I'm pretty sure. Solomon and I are off to Salt Lake in the morning to see a nerve & tendon graphing specialist. His hand is basically dying! Its pretty pathetic to even look at now. Man Arnie, who would have guessed, you know? So we'll see what tomorrow brings and I'll be sure and let you know.


In the meantime, his insurance cut him off, saying they hadn't received payment in the proper time - something like that, and that he doesn't even qualify for the Cobra Insurance program now either. Uufda!


A couple weeks ago we saw an attorney and he is looking into Solomon's case now. Not sure what to expect and not even sure what to feel justified in, if anything. Its a bit confusing really, in that the ICU nurse(s) did thier job in detecting Sol's 'compartment syndrome'. My concern is, could it have been detected much sooner, knowing that it is common and to be watched for. I saw it for days and was very concerned, but hey, I'm no doctor. Right? Anyway, if they had waited longer, Sol may very well have completely lost his arm too. Confusing yes. The real hard part is that it all took place in the ICU and had nothing to do with the accident. If this hadn't happened, then Sol would have pretty much healed some time ago from his other injuries.
 
So, so sad!
 
I'm getting behind in my updates. Fran and Mike came to visit us on Sunday. We had a wonderful time! I have pictures to prove it. They were stunned and wowed by the beautiful wedding album Brent and Tammy gave us. Don't worry, I'm bringing it everywhere I go, so chances are you'll get to see it, too, at some point!
We had a lovely dinner of BBQ'd steak, salad, and fresh corn on the cob - you know, the kind where the kernals just burst with flavour when you bite them - yum! We followed it all up with fresh peach pie (too bad you couldn't come, James!)
 



 
We are off to Massey tomorrow morning for the Lachance family reunion, so will, no doubt, have lots of pictures when we get back. I still have to update about our Taiwan adventure, too - I won't forget! I've been trying to print pictures to put into a scrapbook I'm making and I'm only up to the day before the wedding!!! I'll get there....it might take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment