We arrived in Taiwan Wednesday morning after a very long flight. By the time we got here we were exhausted, but full. We boarded the plane Tuesday at 1:30 a.m. and settled down to get some sleep when the flight attendants came around with SUPPER! We had our choice of chicken and rice or beef stew. I chose chicken - big mistake! It was so spicy, I couldn't even eat it - my mouth felt like it was on fire! James had the same thing and the same experience. Once we had eaten and were completely awake, we watched a movie before eventually catching a few minutes of sleep before they came around with drinks and sandwiches! The next thing we knew, it was time for breakfast! We had a choice of an omelet or Chinese porridge. I said to Bern that I guess James is having porridge since he doesn't eat eggs. Well, he said the porridge was slimy rice with shrimp in it - he almost threw up! At least all the food helped to pass the time. When we checked in, we got our seats upgraded to business class, but James had to sit a few rows ahead of us. The seats were so uncomfortable and it was impossible to stretch out our legs.
Anyway, we finally arrived in Taiwan to learn that Brent and Tammy's bus had been delayed by an hour and a half. By this time, we were totally sleep deprived and edgy. We walked around and around the airport just to get some exercise. They finally arrived just as tired as we were - they'd left home around 1:30 the night before so they hadn't slept either.
Brent took us to our hotel, which is lovely - a real little jewel in the middle of a very busy city! Once I get back I will post some pictures and videos. Wait until you see how they drive over here!!! There are scooters everywhere - it's chaotic, but everyone seems to know what they're doing. At first, I couldn't even watch out the taxi window without gasping and shrieking, but I'm getting better.
We went out for supper with Brent and Tammy last night while James slept. We had Chinese Hot Pot. You're given a pot of soup stock in which you cook your own meat and veggies. It was interesting - we were hungry, though. Today, we went out shopping - James got a gorgeous suit, shirt and shoes - he's going to look smashing at the wedding. Tonight, we all helped to prepare wedding favours and tomorrow we will go back up to Taipei to get ready for the wedding on Saturday.
On Sunday, we will pack up again and travel even further south to a beach front resort for three days of rest and relaxation - no one needs it more than the bride and groom.
So far, we are having a wonderful time. I will write more when I get the chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment