Also, thank you all for your prayers for my friend, Jackie! She went to the doctor today and her kidneys are completely back to normal!!!! Prayers do work!
We've been enjoying being at home for awhile. It's been very hot - too hot to spend much time outside. I've been working on my Taiwan scrapbook - it's slow going - I'm out of practice! We had our pastor and his wife over the other night to play cards - we had a ball - they are so much fun. I'm having some of the girls from church over on Wednesday for lunch. I've been wanting to do it for some time, but we've been away so much this summer.
Tuesday, the lady from the drapery store is coming over to measure my livingroom window - we've only been here for two years!!! It really is a beautiful window - almost a shame to cover it up, but we get the full sun in that room every afternoon, so we need something or the sun's going to damage the hardwood floor.
Thursday is our 32nd anniversary and we've decided to play a round of golf and then go out for a nice dinner. We're going to play the same course that the church's golf tournament is being held at in September (we'll be all practiced up!).
We spent a wonderful week up north (we went for the Lachance family reunion) and stayed with Wayne and Lise Lachance. They bought a farm a few years back and are renovating the old farm house, etc., etc., etc.. Suffice it to say, it is totally awesome and so relaxing. Penny and Howard also came up for the reunion and spent time with us at the farm. Here are some pictures.
Check out baby's shirt! His Mom made it for him - cute, huh?
A three generation picture!
Bern shares him geneaology scrapbook with interested onlookers!
Kids and dogs just love Howie!
Penny and Melrose
Sure wasn't "Seasons"!!! Seasons is the name of my brother's band out in Montana.
Always a fashion statement that girl!
The next day, Bern's cousin Jocelyn and her husband Andre invited us all over for a gorgeous lunch! Everyone loved the wedding album (Brent's and Tammy's, that is) and we enjoyed looking at Jocelyn's scrapbooks.
Okay, now I'm all caught up with that trip - now, in two weeks we'll do it all again when we go up for the Massey Fall Fair. I know, I know - I still need to write up our Taiwan trip, and I will. It was such a busy trip that it's daunting and I don't quite know how to start. I will, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment