What an absolutely wonderful day we had today! On Thursday, Bern and I went to the driving range to brush up on our golf swings. With a little coaching from my hubby, I started to really whack those golf balls. All those lessons three years ago started to come back. Yesterday, of course, we were sore and aching - but, today we played pretty good golf!
We were paired up with Pastor Rene and Christine - hurray! We had the best time and came in tied for second place. And, guess what? I won the prize for Closest Lady to the Hole!!! I got a $5 Tim Horton's gift card - cool, huh? I must say, Chris and I played every bit as well as the guys! After the game (we only played 9 holes), we all went back to the church where there was a spectacular roast beef dinner waiting for us - as well as prizes for everyone. Bern got a beautiful book about golf with a spiritual bent and I got a T-Shirt. It was so much fun!!
On Thursday evening, we talked to Howard and Penny on the phone. They were just getting packed up to go to Ottawa to visit relatives of Howard's. Apparently, they've been having company non-stop since they moved into their new house and so were looking forward to just being the company for a few days. We're leaving here next Thursday for the cottage after Bern's eye doctor appointment in the afternoon, so we may see if we can stay with them overnight and then go to the cottage from there on Friday. Anyway, we'll see if they're rested up enough for us.
I talked to Mom on Thursday night as well. She sounds good. It will probably take some time to get used to actually living with other people in her house. I think we all feel pleased that she's not by herself, especially while she's experiencing health issues right now. Anyway, it's giving Cassie and Joey a place to live for now until Cassie can get re-established. Please pray for them all over the next little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment