Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mom Update, etc.

The clinic called my mother to say they want her to see a neurologist, because they now think the dizziness may be caused by mini-strokes. The soonest they could get her in is the end of July. I had a nice conversation with my very special sister-in-law this afternoon. Ces is ready, willing and able to get Mom to any appointments she needs (I love that girl!), and Arnie is trying to get her in to see someone in North Dakota sooner (I love him, too!). I have such a neat family - all of you. Please continue to pray that Mom stays peaceful and calm...not the drug induced-peaceful, but the God-induced peaceful. I know she's feeling a little scared right now.

We were happy to spend last evening and this morning with our nephew, Lon. His vacation trailer is situated at Sherkston Beach (about 20 minutes from here) and he was on his way through to do some "upkeep" type work down there today, so we said why not stop here overnight and have a little visit with us. He and Karen are coming up to our cottage on the 10th for the weekend to see if they might be interested in buying it from us. It would be such a perfect solution since we'd still be able to go up from time to time (if they invite us!). Anyway, we'll see. He and Uncle Bern had a great time going over their family history.

Remember I said we were going to the Penny sale at Country Basket nurseries this week? Well, after Lonny left we scooted over there and picked up four lovely rose bushes for the back garden. The sale was "buy one, get another one for 1 penny"... very cool - and very busy! We came right home and stuck them in the ground. They look so pretty!

Ted and Lynn McChesney, Bern's cousin from Sudbury, are due to arrive here tomorrow evening after the afternoon performance of "Jersey Boys" in Toronto. We're hoping they'll stay a few days, but will understand if they need to start back on Saturday. Lynn works on Monday, I think. We'll have a good time anyway. Lonny actually invited us all to his place on the beach on Friday, if it's a nice day, so we may do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment