One of Bern's cousins, Ted Ritchie, passed away last night. He had been battling cancer for some time and had been in a lot of pain, so his passing is a blessing - but, still sad. I was invited to a wedding shower for Teresa (Mike Bonadio's daughter) on Sunday, but we're going north a day earlier than we'd planned so I'll have to miss the shower, unfortunately. Happily, the invitation to her wedding came in the mail today - and, we're NOT missing that for anything!!
I was so happy to spend time with my friends this week. We had such a good day together. We went to Smitty's for brunch and then Fran drove us to Dundas where we strolled along and popped in and out of the little stores. We found a great second-hand book store where I picked up a couple of books for Bern.


I'm hiding them until we get to the cottage or he'll have them read by tomorrow night! Jan's birthday was in May and since I hadn't seen her since Easter, I was able to give her her gift, which she seemed to love. She's an avid gardener and I found a canvas bag filled with tons of stuff like hand cream, nail brush, bath salts, gardening tools - really cute!

It was great to visit with the girls - I do miss them a lot! We're hoping to have a girls' weekend at the cottage on the 17th of July weekend - so far, it's looking very promising. We stopped in this cute little tea room for tea and dessert. Maggie and I had carrot cake, Jan had scones and jam, and Fran had caramel merengue cake (allowed since her birthday is in a few days!) She has lost 70 pounds and is look wonderful - I'm very, very proud of her.


Our neighbor, Stew, gave us a tree he had in his backyard. It's a fir tree, trimmed in a spiral. It's in a big planter so we put it near the front step to the left of the garage - it looks wonderful! Bern bought a water barrel (for catching rain water) and got it all hooked up so now we don't have to worry about the water bill skyrocketing when we want to water the plants in the garden. Every little thing helps, huh?
Here's a scrapbook page I did last night of my sweet baby, James! He was such a little cutie-pie (he still is!).
No comments:
Post a Comment