Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Updates from the North


It's raining today. Bern is at the laudramat and I'm in the library. This morning, I discovered a little tiny crack in one of my contact lenses - yikes! Anyway, we've been trying to coordinate getting my prescription faxed to Huntsville from Oakville so someone can get another one made for me. I'm not too worried about it just yet, but I don't want it to break in my eye while I'm driving home either. Anyway, our morning has been very busy!! The Feere's are coming up this weekend and we're really looking forward to seeing them.



Friday, September 28, 2008

We had a very nice day on Thursday. Ken and Dawn Ball came over for a visit. Bern and Ken went fishing as soon as they arrived and within 10 minutes, Dawn and I were summoned to the dock to take a picture of a lovely bass, caught by Ken. They fished most of the afternoon while Dawn and I talked and talked. It’s amazing how fast time goes by when you’re enjoying yourself. We had supper together and they left around 7:30.

Friday afternoon, we walked over to the Glamworth’s. Their cottage is behind and to the south of ours. Lynn and Al are a wonderful couple - there really are people older than us! They both just turned 80 but you’d never know it. We all went for a long walk through their property, which covers about 100 acres. We didn’t walk the whole 100 acres, even though it felt like it afterwards. Bern and Al went to site in his moose-hunting rifle - Al has a shooting range behind their cottage - and Lynn and I relaxed with a nice cup of tea. It gave us a chance to get to know each other better (without the guys). While we were chatting, her son and his wife came for a visit, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment