We got up this morning, grabbed Tim Horton breakfast sandwiches and coffee and headed out for Oakville to pick up Brent and Tammy from the GO station. Happily they were already there when we arrived and we didn't have to wait again. We stopped in to see James at his work. We only stayed a few minutes and will be seeing him again on Thursday. Brent and James will be spending a couple of days toget
When we got to Welland, we decided to go over to the mall so Brent could get his hair cut. Tammy and I wandered around in Zeller's and came across Halloween costumes - already! Tammy found a really cute Tinkerbell costume, but there were stains all over it. We asked if there would be a discount on it, and the sales clerks told us she was only allowed to give us 10% off - even though nobody will buy that costume! When Brent came out of Magic Cuts, we took him over to the costume rack and he found a Spiderman costume that fit him like a glove! As Brent was trying on the Spiderman costume in the store, this little old lady (hardly any bigger than the cart she was pushing) walked by shaking her head. As she went by, she said "the things you see when you don't have a gun!" I thought I was going to have an accident, I was laughing so hard!We got home and Spidy surprised Bern - it was hilarious!!
Brent and Tammy started tackling all Brent's boxes of stuff in the basement. They were working for several hours so when I went down expecting there to be a big difference in the stack of boxes, I was surprised that little had changed.
It's going to take some time to sort through all that stuff. He gave away a couple of baseball gloves to the kids on the street. There is a whole big whack of stuff that will be sent to the dump. However, Bern inherited a very nice Dallas Cowboy T-shirt. He loves it!
Well, we have a couple of busy days ahead, so I sign off for now - I'm getting very tired and want to get up early tomorrow morning.
Please continue to keep Karleen in your prayers. She's really having a struggled - her medication, of course, is making her very sick - but, it seems to be working - HURRAY! That is, the liver is responding to treatment. She gets pretty depressed these days. Hopefully, they will be able to join us for Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment