Friday, September 5, 2008

Home again!



I'm planning to update all my previous blogs with the appropriate pictures, but just wanted to say that we've had a wonderful couple of days! That sounds like the other days weren't wonderful, too - which they were, but anyway...here goes. The past week has been spectacularly beautiful weatherwise. Mom and I went out in the paddle boat almost every day, our little ducks will soon be flying south, and we've had good visits with both our sons.

Brent and Tammy arrived at the cottage yesterday evening with Kim and her boyfriend, George. We weren't exactly sure what time to expect them, so we waited most of the day until 5:00 p.m. I swear Brent got taller or could it be that I'm shrinking? I know that happens as you get older, but c'mon!!! Tammy is delightful and we can see why he's so in love with her. We set up the "dorm" and everybody had a place to sleep. After a breakfast of blueberry pancakes (of course), bacon and eggs, we left for home. Bern drove straight through to Welland while Mom and I stopped in Oakville to get our hair cut and to see James. We were so happy that James' boss let him off early so he could go to dinner with us! We had a great time and The Keg - good food and good company.

Mom and I drove home in a blinding rainstorm - that was so stressful. Of all the driving I've done, driving at night in the rain has always been difficult for me. I think it's to do with my contact lenses or something...there's a lot of glare and it's hard to see. Anyway, we made it with God's help, I'm certain. Tomorrow is laundry day and Mom will finish packing for her return trip to Montana. We just can't believe how fast the time went! But, she is eager to get home. My brother, Arnie has given her a computer and will get it set up for her so, hopefully, we will all be able to communicate with her via email very soon.

Brent and Tammy are coming here Sunday night for a few days. He wants to go through his many boxes of "stuff" in our basement and will probably get rid of the majority of it. Tammy and I are going to bake cookies and shop, I hope. Maybe we'll go to Niagara-on-the-Lake one day.

I've decided to put a few pictures on a slideshow instead of going back into all the previous entries (so if you want to know what the pictures are all about, you'll just have to read up) , but be sure to check out Dawn's Loon call on a previous blog - it's very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment