We fly out at 1:30 a.m. September 1st. Getting very excited now! Exciting news - Nikki has been chosen as 1 of 6 babies out of 365 entered in a baby magazine contest to be on the cover of the September issue! They drove up to Taipei a couple weekends ago where a professional photographer took pictures of the 6 babies! Brent said that one of the columnists for the magazine said that even if Nikki doesn't win the contest, she wants to do an article on her. Cool, huh?
My suitcase is already packed with baby stuff! I just hope I can squeeze in some undies! Although Brent said we can buy disposable ones at the 7-11 down the street, if we need to - uh, no thanks. I found the neatest little stand at Michaels for displaying scrapbook pages (see attachment). I've been printing Nikki's pages 8 x 8 inches instead of 12 x 12. I can print them at home so it saves the expense of sending the files away and then waiting for the prints to come back. Anyway, this stand is perfect - and, it fits in my suitcase. As I finish pages, I can just mail the pages to Brent and Tammy. Should work pretty good!
We went to Massey on August 10th for Jim and Jackie's 50th wedding anniversary. We stayed overnight in their trailer (very nice). We had such a good time! There were quite a few people there that I knew from all the years we've been going to Massey, and I got to meet a few new ones, including Jackie's sister, Margie. Enjoyed her company very much - she reminds me of me! Anyway, the party was a huge success and Jim and Jackie were very pleased at the turnout.
![]() |
| Craig, Jim, Jackie and Derek |
Then on Sunday afternoon, we went over to Wayne (Bern's cousin) and Lise's for a couple of days. We had a good visit with them and also with Bern's other cousin, Jocelyn and her husband, Andre. Of course, Wayne, Lise and Bern and I played Hand & Foot and had a great time! Bern picked six cups of blueberries which we brought home and I made into pies - yummy!
When we got back home, Bern's ex-secretary Kim and her husband Terry came for a visit for the weekend. We drove down to Port Colborne on Saturday and watched a barge go under the lift bridge (exciting stuff down here!) and Kim and I did some browsing/shopping in the neat little boutiques along the canal. When we got back home, we had lunch and then went swimming. The water was a little cool, but it didn't take long to get used to it. They stayed until Sunday morning, so we spent the rest of the day in quiet mode!
![]() |
| Terry and Kim |
We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary yesterday. Went out for Chinese food and planned to go see the new movie "Elysium" with Matt Damon. Unfortunately, by the time we finished supper, we'd missed the early show and the next one didn't start until 9:55! We decided to go see it tomorrow night instead. Looking forward to it!
Okay, okay....more beautiful baby pictures!








No comments:
Post a Comment