Friday, December 7, 2012

Yikes! Christmas is right around the corner!!

Isn't it amazing how fast the month of December goes? I don't feel panicked or anything - and it's not because I don't have anything to do! My house needs cleaning, I need to do more baking, I have some things to go into the mail, a few more things to buy, some more decorations to put around the house (once it's clean!) and a few more teas and events to attend. OKAY, NOW I'M PANICKED! Not really - I'm good.

Tuesday was the NWC Exec Team Christmas lunch at a restaurant in St. Catherines called Cafe Amore. Only five of us turned up, but we had a good time. I had cream of broccoli soup and a 5-cheese quiche (almost too rich!) and it came with one little lettuce leaf drizzled with dressing....and I mean little! I guess the menu didn't mention salad on the side, so I couldn't really complain. I honestly didn't even want dessert - weird for me! So, I had a nice Cappacino instead.

Wednesday, Bern and I went out shopping - I needed some pasta salad stuff for the potluck lunch on Thursday. I found this salad recipe on the internet last year. It has bowtie pasta, broccoli, seedless grapes (halved), red onion, Miracle Whip, sugar, red wine vinegar, salt - and toasted pecans and bacon bits. Very yummy! The ladies took home leftovers. We had a great time at the potluck. Janinne, who hosted this luncheon for us bible study ladies, really outdid herself! She had games, singalongs, prizes and gifts for everybody - hot snacks plus all the potluck goodies that everybody else brought. We had the best time!

Today, my very, very sweet hairdresser, Kat, is going to trim my bangs for me so I can enjoy my trip into Toronto on Saturday with the "girls". Bern and I will drive to Oakville around noon, then Fran & Heather, Jan & Katie and I will meet up with Maggie in the city for Christmas Tea at the King Edward Hotel. This will be our third year doing this so it's now officially a Christmas tradition. I'll take pictures!

I haven't heard anything from Judy, but will send her another email. She's my friend who's been battling colon cancer for two years. I became friends with her at Curves - she was one of the coaches. My friend Susan, who owns the Curves I "used to go to", contacted me the other day to tell me I've been missed. That was sweet. I told her I've been doing Weight Watchers online and she wrote back immediately - on the verge of cardiac arrest, I think! Of course, Curves also has a diet plan that Susan says is so much better than Weight Watchers - I don't think so, but it's her job to say that!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment