Monday, October 22, 2012

Awww....no moose this year!

Well, Bern went moose hunting last week. He dropped me off in Oakville at Fran & Mike's Sunday morning on his way up north. Maggie came out from Toronto and Jan walked around the corner. We went to Kelsey's in Burlington for a late lunch followed by dessert at Tim Horton's. Maggie had to go back home early so we dropped her off in time to catch the 5:30 GO train. As always, it was great to see her. Fran, Jan and I went back to Fran's and got into a hot game of Hand & Foot!

Monday we got up, had breakfast and watched several episodes of a BBC series/production about King Edward VII...it was quite addicting and we wanted to keep watching it, but had made plans to take James and Stephanie out for supper. We had such a good time - yummy food (Kelsey's again) and lots of talk!

Tuesday afternoon, Fran brought me back to Welland and stayed until Thursday afternoon. Tuesday night we went to see "Taken 2" with Liam Neeson. It was okay, but maybe if I'd seen "Taken 1" it might have made more sense. There was lots of action and violence. "Hotel Transylvania" might have been better! Wednesday, Fran didn't even get out of her PJ's. We watched the rest of the King Edward series and just had a wonderful, lazy couple of days. I'm very pleased to say that, even though I went out for supper a couple of times and had snacks while playing cards, I still lost 1 pound!! That's a total of 10 pounds to date. I'm loving Weight Watchers Online!

I heard from my friend, Judy. She's the gal I met at Curves who's been fighting colon cancer for over a year now. She just had surgery to re-attach her bowel after many series of chemo and radiation treatments. Her hands and feet are numb, which she's not happy about - hopefully, the feeling will return eventually. She's very grateful for our prayers.

Tomorrow, we're going to get our flu shots in the morning. Then, our women's club is holding a nomination meeting to elect our new executive team. I'm staying on as Vice Chair for another year, which they're happy about - me, too. We might be holding events at our church starting in 2013, which may encourage more ladies to come out. We'll see.

Great news! Brent emailed us to say that it's confirmed, baby is a girl! Nicole Darlene Hydra is on her way! Please keep them all in your prayers. This week, Tammy is in the States on a business trip. Pray she doesn't get over tired or stressed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment