Friday, February 24, 2012

February's almost over already!

Lots of things have been happening. Some truly wonderful and amazing and some kind of sad. First, the good news. My friend Judy, whom you've been praying for, came through her surgery with flying colours. The doctor told her all the treatments she had prior to surgery did exactly what they were supposed to do. She will have to wear a colostomy for 3 or 4 months - then, they will re-attach the bowel. Amazing!!

It was Brent's 42nd birthday on the 15th. We had talked to him the week before and on his birthday we talked again. They finally got their Christmas present! You'd think with how much you have to pay to ship stuff over there, it would get there faster. I mailed the packages a month before Christmas.

James and Rachel called it quits. We were just getting to know her, too. Better to split up now, I suppose, rather than later. James advertised for and got a new roommate, so that will help with the rent. She's a massage therapist and is moving in on Sunday. He had a student living with him for a couple of years, but she moved out a few months ago. Anyway, it's his 29th birthday next Monday so we're going to Oakville to celebrate! Actually, we're going to stay with Fran and Mike on Saturday, going to church with them on Sunday and then Sunday evening we're taking James out for supper.

We got our satellite TV changed over to cable. We're still getting used to it. The nice thing is that it came with a PVR free for the first year. I love it! I can tape all the shows I want and watch them whenever I want. So cool!

I think I mentioned that James gave us a Blackberry Playbook for Christmas. Well, Bern loves it! So do I, when I get to play with it...not enough, though. Every so often, Bern will say "I really like this thing!" It really keeps him occupied, so that's a very good thing. He's been staying home more and more - the weather has a lot to do with it, I think. I keep busy around here plus all my Niagara Women's Connection, prayer coffees, bible studies, etc., fill up my days.

We had snow the other day, but my little plants are already poking their heads up. Spring is definitely on the way - hurray! I'm so looking forward to summer this year. It's going to be very busy. Not only are Brent and Tammy coming home, we're planning to drive out west. That's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment