Well, I'm taking deep breaths - Bern's been going over to his friend Ray's again. He'd been staying close to home since Christmas - yikes! Anyway, they've been traipsing all over the countryside (Ray buys used vehicles and they fix them up and resell them) looking for deals. I get so much done, including housework, when I know I have a whole day to myself. He went to the doctor again the other day - he's on blood pressure medicine now. We're on low salt, low fat diets - he is. And, he started walking every morning - that lasted two mornings! I guess we're all the same - we start out with great intentions, then life gets in the way. Anyway, we bought another blood pressure machine (because he didn't believe the last one) and he'll use it until he decides this one must be faulty and gets rid of it, too.
I went to Zumba today. What a workout!! They're having it two days a week now - Monday and Friday. I'm going for lunch with my friend Cathy on Monday - oh darn! I'll have to miss Zumba! See what I mean about good intentions and life? OH well.
Last Saturday, the doorbell rang around 1:30 in the afternoon and to our complete and utter surprise there stood James and Rachel! I told him I'd dreamed about the day he would actually just drop in for a visit for no reason!!! They were on their way to Niagara Falls. Rachel had given James an overnight package at the Sheraton, including dinner and a magic show, for Christmas. Then, on Sunday, the whole day was planned (you know the Falls) lots to do - and then they went to Rachel's favorite restaurant for dinner before going back to Oakville. They've been together one year so they were celebrating their anniversary, too. It was so nice they stopped in!
What a winter we've had (or I should say NOT had). I can almost count the snowflakes! Not really, but we haven't had much snow at all! The farmers are worried that the bugs that usually get killed off in a normal winter will overtake us in the spring! Not a happy thought!!! I had little shoots in my front garden poking their little noses up wondering what's going on. It has been cold - really cold, but then we'll have a spring-like day. Very weird.
We're going over to the Pastor's house on Sunday for the Super Bowl. I told Chris I'd make a pot of chili and some homemade bread. She's had a stressful week studying for some exams to do with teaching, so she was happy for the help. I think there might be just us and maybe one or two other people. Not the big bash WE would have had if the Packers were playing!! Poor sports or what!!!!
Well, that's all for now. Not much more to report. Judy's surgery is next week. I haven't spoken to Karleen lately, but am planning to give her a call. Got an email from Dawn - she says she's feeling much better since she's on a new medication that's helping a lot. They're going to Florida for the month of March (it's something they always do) and I think the sunshine will do her a world of good, too! I know I could use some.'
I promised pictures of our renovated (well decorated, anyway) bathroom. It's such an improvement! I'm really happy with the shelving Bern built behind the toilet. Now, we have a place for guest towels and stuff. It's such a tiny room, but I love the colour and the new mirror. Take a look.



No comments:
Post a Comment