And, tomorrow's his birthday. He's going to be 71 - cool! Ray and Shirley are coming over for dinner and cake. I also invited our Pastor and his lovely wife, but I haven't heard back yet. Rene's been away and just came back today, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to just stay home. Anyway, speaking of our Pastor's lovely wife, she and I had a great time Saturday night making greeting cards together. We've both been so busy that we haven't had much chance to visit lately, so we really enjoyed ourselves!
I seem to tell my stories in reverse order these days. On Thursday night, Bern and I went to the annual Metis Harvest feast. It was potluck and I was afraid it was going to be all wild game so I made a salmon pot pie and my friend Margaret made pulled pork so we knew we would have something we liked! Margaret's husband, Steven, is the President of the Metis Nation of Ontario headquartered here in Welland. The national Metis leader came from Ottawa for the event - that was pretty cool. He was totally interested in Cec's relatives who were hung with Louis Riel. They've opened a Metis museum and are always looking for information. We had a good time - and the food the great! Here are a few pictures.
| Steven Quenelle (Margaret's husband), MNO President Gary Lipinski (Ottawa) |
| Me with my friend, Margaret. Margaret is the new Chairman of Niagara Women's Connection and I'm the new Vice Chairman - busy, busy! |
| Beautiful native art |
On Wednesday, Fran is coming down for a visit. She's finally back from her extended vacation. I'm sure she'll have lots of news from the British Isles! Then, I guess I'd better go shopping for a dress to wear to Penny's wedding! There's supposed to be a new shoppe opened up here in town that's getting good reviews - so I must go check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment