Sunday, October 23, 2011

Moose down!

Bern arrived home Friday night. He said they were packing up the camp, getting ready to come home when two of the guys shot a moose about 10 yards off the road! By the time they skinned and gutted it, it was late afternoon. He said they had a good time and even though he was in pain much of the time, he enjoyed the trip.

Last Tuesday, I went over to my friend Noreen's to help her get ready for the Prayer Connection meeting. She has a very bad back and has to use a cane to walk. She only lives a short distance from me, so I offered to go over and make coffee and tea and put out goodies for the ladies.

When I got home later, Juanita came over to make greeting cards. What a nice evening we had! We talked more than we made cards, though. Our main objective was to make a "Thinking of You" card for our friend, Judy. She's our Curves coach who's been diagnosed with colon cancer.

I got an email today from Judy. She goes for an ultrasound tomorrow, then starts radiation therapy for five weeks. While she's having radiation, she has to have a pic line in her arm dispensing low dosage of chemo - the doctor says that will make the surgery easier. I'm not sure if it's going to make it easier on her or the doctor! Anyway, she said she's having a hard time with all of it. She's happy to be getting emails and thanked me for praying for her.

Well, the rest of my week was pretty quiet and by Thursday, I was ready for Bern to come home! Saturday morning, I went to a Baptist Women's conference in St. Catharines with  five gals from church. We parked in the public parking across from the church. As I was walking over to the booth to get my parking pass, a women came rushing over on her scooter to tell me parking was free on Saturdays, so I didn't need a pass. I thought that was very nice! She asked me what was going on at the church so I told her there was a breakfast and some missionaries would be speaking. I thought she needed a reservation, so I walked away feeling kind of guilty - she looked dirty and poor.

Well, we had a lovely breakfast and when I looked up I saw that one of the other ladies had invited the scooter lady to join us for breakfast. I was glad. After the service, we walked back to the car to discover a parking violation ticket plastered on my windshield (and the windshields of about 10 other cars)! $42 if you pay it in 7 days or $74 if you don't!!!! There was nobody around to argue with so I just came home. I told Bern about it and he phoned the police to let them know about it in case it was some kind of scam. Who knows? That woman on the scooter might be getting a kickback from the parking company! On the other hand, maybe she believed she was doing a good deed. After all, she didn't choke on her scrambled eggs or anything! I have to pay the ticket, but I'll be phoning the parking company before I do.

That was my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment