Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's the most...wonderful... time of the year....(heh heh!)

MOOSE SEASON!!! Bern left this morning to go moose hunting. I'm not exactly sure how long he'll be gone because he's been in so much pain lately. He hates it when I put anything on my blog about him, but I will ask for prayers for his neck and back. He took his own Jeep in case he needs to come home early or get to a hospital.

My friend, Judy (Curves coach) who's been diagnosed with colon cancer, is going in tomorrow for a CT scan. Then, the doctors will decide if she needs radiation before surgery or not. She's really scared and is so thankful for all the prayers going up on her behalf.

Do prayers work? Oh yes! My other firend Karleen who has been fighting cancer for 6 years, is enjoying a remission of sorts! About three months ago, she was in so much pain (as a result of a tumor which had wrapped around her spine causing paralysis) that she ended up in intensive care. After radiation treatment, the tumor has shrunk and she's starting to walk again. It was her birthday on the 11th and the staff and other patients in the continuing care facility threw her a birthday lunch and her husband joined her later for a special dinner that evening.

Well, here I am...the new Vice Chair of Niagara Women's Connection (our Christian women's club). I'll be in charge of marketing, invitations and posters (which I already do), making sure our announcements get into the papers, and assisting the Chair at our events. I agreed to a year - it should be fun, I hope! Next week, we're having our annual Fall Fair. Ladies donate items and baked goods and we have a little sale. I've got a box full of stuff I don't use, plus I'm going to bake some cookies and banana bread.

Tuesday evening, my friend Juanita is coming over after supper to make greeting cards. She's a scrapbooker, too, so the transition to cards is easy - we just need motivation and figure getting together will make it easier. I'm not sure if I'm going to tackle Christmas cards again this year - it's a lot of work - we'll see. But, part of my duties as Vice Chair is sending thank you cards out to our special speakers, so I'd like to get a batch of them made up ahead of time.

Well, tomorrow morning is Curves and then a haircut in the afternoon! That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment