Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm so spoiled!

Okay, I promised pictures of the deck extension Bern built to the pool while I was having a good time out west! He did an awesome job and only had the staining and finishing trim to do. It's done and looks amazing as well as being solid and a wonderful way to get in and out of the pool safely. Inside the pool are steps as well - so, there's no ladder involved!!!! He also put a layer of decorative stones around my little rose garden. It looks 100% better and I know the roses are happier, too! So, here are some pictures...by the way, the pool store is putting some of these pictures up on their bulletin board to show customers what can be done.








We had a nice surprise yesterday. Bern had given our rain barrel to the sister of one of our friend's from church at the beginning of the summer - we didn't really use it. Well, she and her husband showed up at our door yesterday with two big bags of veggies from their garden! So sweet! They said the water from the rain barrel helped water the garden, so they wanted to share some of the results with us. I love living in a small town!

The ladies of our Baptist Women's club are going for afternoon tea at a little tearoom in Port Colborne on Tuesday. We don't have meetings during the summer, so this is just a little get together. It should be fun! Next week, on Sunday is our neighbourhood BBQ. Everybody brings something to eat, the guys BBQ hamburgers and hotdogs and then we usually end up at our next door neighbour's house for dessert and the kids swim. It's rained the last two years - right after we've eaten, tho. It makes for a hasty clean-up!

I have another new grand niece. My nephew Jeremiah and his wife Ashley had their baby girl Ella Joy on Monday. She's a real cutie! Everyone is happy and healthy - praise the Lord! Here are a few pictures.
Checking for ten fingers and toes!

Proud Daddy and Mommy

First rules?

My sister-in-law, Sharon

Sharon, my brother John and little Ella Joy

Nephews Israel, Jeremiah and Caleb; brother John holding granddaughter Ella Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment