Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - (posted at library in Burks Falls - will add photos and videos later)
Howard and Penny left around noon today after a really nice visit. They had spent four days at the Windemere House in the Muskoka’s and then came to see us yesterday and stayed overnight. We had a great time! Penny,
We spent a lovely afternoon and evening with Ken, Dawn and Kristin Ball. We had such a good time! They just loved Mom and she loved them, too. Dawn made supper of ham, roasted potatoes (Kristin made these - wonderful), salad, corn on the cob and cherry cheesecake and blueberry pie. We got to check out each other’s scrapbooks. After what Dawn said about her scrapbook, I wasn’t expecting anything special. I was wrong - and, so was she!! Her scrapbook is very good and I hope she keeps going. Kristin is very interested in making cards and in digital scrapping and is asking Santa for Adobe Pho
toshop for Christmas (hint, hint Mom and Dad). After supper, Dawn demonstrated her Loon call with her handy-dandy Loon whistle - well, of course, we laughed and laughed (check out the video - she’s going to kill me!)
We’re going in to
Monday, August 25, 2008
%#&$*((%&&#%^%@$^#$!!!!!!
Well, that wasn’t very nice! We went into
I have to tell you about this little family of ducks who’ve adopted us. They are so cute and interesting to watch. Yesterday morning, I went down to the dock to give them some bird seed (if I don’t go down there, they come right up to the back steps and wait). When they finished eating, they went into their grooming routine
- first the mother duck starts and then the babies all copy her. After about 15 minutes of this, one by one the little ones go up on shore and lay down side by side and fell asleep facing the water. After another 10 minutes of watching from the water, the mother duck waddled up behind the babies and stood guard for another 10 minutes before she, too lay down for a little nap. It was so cute to watch!
We’re looking forward to Penny and Howard coming for a little visit tomorrow and then on Wednesday afternoon we’re invited over to Dawn and Ken’s for supper. We haven’t seen them in quite a while since they’ve moved up to live at their cottage year round. Dawn and her daughter, Kristen are really getting into scrapbooking and want to see the book I’ve just finished - YES, I finished it - HURRAY! Once I get home, I’ll take pictures of the pages and post them on here and on Facebook. I’m very pleased with how it turned out. My next project is to make up a bunch of greeting cards while we’re at the cottage - and then, once we get home for the winter, I’ll start on Howard’s Christmas cards as well as our own. I’m going to be a very busy girl!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
We’ve had a beautiful week of fine weather. Mom and I have journeyed out onto the lake in the paddle boat several times. Yesterday was hot and muggy and we were sure we would have a storm at the end of it - but, unless it rained during the night - we remain dry!
I talked to James the other night and he’s doing fine, he says. We’re all looking forward to Brent’s visit, but his schedule is very sketchy so far. All I know for sure is that he and Tammy (and probably some friends - Kim, I hope) are coming up to the cottage on the 4th of September and will stay here until the 8th. We will leave them to their own devices on the 5th. At least then, Grandma will get to see him for a little while before she goes back to
Well, we’re going into
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
30 Years - and they said it wouldn’t last!
Well, we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary yesterday. Judy brought over a lovely card for us. I made one for
Mom treated us to an Anniversary dinner at “Justa Pasta” - our favourite little place about half an hour north of here. It sits out in the middle of nowhere, but no matter when you go, it’s always packed. That’s because the food is so good!!! We really had a good time. Mom was in rare form and had us laughing all evening. And, the food was spectacular, as always. They give you way too much, but wrap up what you can’t eat, to take home with you.
Yesterday was cold and rainy so we stayed inside, but the two days before Mom and I paddled around the lake. Mom actually surprised me the second morning by walking down to the dock by herself while I packed up our essentials (including life jackets) - she was eager to get started! We got some good pictures of the Blue Heron.
The spell has been broken - she’s starting to beat me at Hand and Foot. Up until yesterday, I had won every game - it was getting embarrassing. I can see now, though, she was just reeling me in! Now, I’m “doomed” for sure. But, winning was fun while it lasted!
I’m making great headway on my scrapbook of last summer’s activities. Just have Ted and
Happy Birthday to my
No comments:
Post a Comment