Sunday, January 11, 2015

All about Christmas, etc.

So many blessings! First of all, Bern and I were in the Christmas choir at church. We had a great time. The Sunday of Christmas week, we sang "Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel" and "Oh Holy Night". Then, on Christmas Eve, we sang "Oh Holy Night". I'm putting our Christmas Eve song on here. Hope you enjoy.


We had a wonderful Christmas. On the 17th, we had 15 carolers from our church here for hot chocolate and goodies after they did their caroling. I make "real" hot chocolate and everybody seems to really like it. As I was preparing cookies for this annual event, I was horrified to see that my cookies were burning! After some research, using an oven thermometer, we discovered that my oven temperature was swinging 50 degrees up and down - not good! Anyway, the cost of a new part wasn't worth the hassle, so my smart hubby went to a scratch and dent warehouse in Fort Erie and got a brand new Kenmore stove for $250!!! It's not "top of the line" or anything, but it works great! The only dent was on the bottom of the drawer.

Like I said, Christmas Eve we had our service at church, sang, then rushed home to Skype with Brent and Tammy and Nikki. By the time we got on, Nikki was pretty tired out. But, that's okay. She opened a couple of gifts we sent while we watched. We are hopeful that next Christmas they will be here for a traditional Canadian Christmas - real tree, baking cookies together, meat pies, etc., etc., etc. It would sure be fun!

On Christmas morning, James called to say "Merry Christmas" and to say we didn't have to wait until 11:00 a.m. to come over - we could come over earlier! We got there at 10:00 a.m., put a meat pie in the oven and opened presents. Poor Stephanie had been fighting a cold all week, but she put on a brave face! By 4:00 p.m., we were ready to go over to the Toms for another wonderful Christmas dinner and more presents! What a great time we had!

I'm going to do this blog post in two parts because I have lots of pictures and much more news. So, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment