Saturday, November 16, 2013

Busy, so busy!

I can't believe we've been home for over a month! Tammy and Brent have been so good about sending pictures and videos two or three times a week - our little one is growing like a bad weed! She can clap her hands! Brilliant!

I've been busy getting back into the swing of Niagara Women's Connection stuff. Our next event is November 26 and we're serving a Christmas lunch as well as having a craft show and sale. It takes lots of planning, but we have about 10 ladies who are all devoted to making our events memorable! I volunteered to make laminated bookmarks with the Candy Cane story printed on them to which I've tied on candy canes. I finished up the 120 bookmarks while watching TV the other night! They turned out kind of cute and each lady will get one as a little gift from us.

A couple of weeks ago, my friends came out for the weekend. They arrived on November 1st (Bern's 73rd birthday) and stayed until late Sunday afternoon. We had a spectacular time! The first thing we did was go for lunch at MT Bellies - yummy baked potato soup and sandwiches. Next, we hit our favorite Welland store - Winners! This Winners is, indeed, a winner. We got lots of neat things including Christmas presents. We came home and got out the cards and played a game of ... wait for it .... hand and foot! After Jan and I let Frances win, we settled down to supper - hot roast beef sandwiches and salad. I'd ordered a box set of DVD's of a British series called, "Berkeley Square" about a group of nannies at the turn of the century. We got through the whole series by the end of the visit - it was good!

On Saturday, we went on a search mission for items Heather could use in her jewelry making business. We went to the Value Village in Niagara Falls and on the way back, we dropped into one of our favorite restaurants for their famous grilled chicken/pear salad - so, so good! Oh yes, after lunch we had dessert!


Thought I would post some of my scrapbook pages, just so you know I've been busy and haven't been neglecting my duties as Grandma! Enjoy!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment