Monday, October 21, 2013

Jet lag??? (yawn!)

Well, it's taken just over a week to get back into our normal routine. I thought we had done pretty good - with only a few afternoon naps - but, Friday night we were both sitting in front of the TV at 8:00 p.m. falling asleep! We dragged ourselves to bed at 8:30 and, of course, were wide awake by 3:30 a.m. I stayed in bed until 6:00 and got up and made a cup of hot chocolate. By 9:00 p.m. on Saturday night we were ready for bed again, but Bern had to get up at 7:30 a.m. to go moose hunting, which was fine because I was up again at 6:30! Sunday night I actually made it to 9:30 before going to bed - up again at 6:30....hmmm! Tonight (it's 10:45!) and I'm still awake - hurray!

Well, I had some wonderful news from my friend, Judy. The doctors have given her a very optimistic report about the cancer markers in her blood tests. Before they started the last round of chemo, the count was 79 - now, the count is 3 - awesome, right? She sounded so good on the phone and is even talking about getting together for a visit. Praise the Lord!!!

I talked to Mom on Friday. She's very excited that my brother John and his lovely wife Sharon are going to spend Thanksgiving with her. They are flying from Tampa to Billings, renting a car and staying with Bill and Lynn for a couple of days, Then, they're all planning to go to Wolf Point. I skyped with John and Sharon tonight and they're really looking forward to the trip, too!

Got a new video from Brent and Tammy. They finally got a replacement for the bouncy chair from Fisher Price. Nikki is a happy girl again! So are her parents! Because of the delay and inconvenience, FP came through with a few little extras for Nikki - a little travel bag and a GloWorm. Since she already has a GloWorm, they are trying to decide on something else.
Bern is away all this week moose hunting. I've been busy scrapbooking pages for Nikki's book. I have so many pictures that I'm having a hard time picking out the best ones. Here are a few:

This is a desktop wallpaper by Leelou Blogs. I cut it down to size and saved it as a scrapbook page!
 
 
 
This is a desktop wallpaper by Leelou Blogs. I cut it down to size and saved it as a scrapbook page!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment