We are trying to fill up our days so they will go faster. On Tuesday evening, we were invited (along with Pastor Rene and Christine) to join Gail and KR and Brian and Teri (co-owners of the Queen Mary) - just kidding - it wasn't the Queen Mary, but it was a lovely BIG cabin cruiser - for an evening sail on the lower Niagara River. The day hit record high temperatures, so the little breeze on the water was lovely. Chris, Rene and I helped drive the boat, watching the little dotted line on the GPS so we didn't drift over into U.S. territory. The border is very closely guarded on the U.S. side! Our Canadian guys must have been under cover/water (heh heh!)
We cruised up the river to where the hydro plant rapids started, turned around and headed out onto Lake Ontario - the sunset was wonderful over the lake. When we got back to the clubhouse, KR threw some chicken strips and sausages on the BBQ and we enjoyed a hearty supper. We had such a good time!
 |
| KR and Bern |
 |
| Pastor Rene doing the Titanic thing |
 |
| They even let me wear the Captain's hat! |
 |
| Rene and Christine (driving the boat!) |
 |
| On our way back to the clubhouse for supper |
 |
| Me and Gail |
 |
| Miss Teri |
 |
| Teri, Brian and Rene |
Tonight, we're invited over to Ray and Shirley's for a pot roast dinner - YUM! Shirley is a great cook, so I know we will enjoy the evening. Tomorrow will be last minute laundry, packing and tidying up. I emptied the fridge, so we'll just have to eat out again. Last night we went to Swiss Chalet and had ribs and Friday night we're planning to go to Sue's Fish & Chips. Saturday, we're picking up James and Stephanie and taking them out for supper before going to Jan's for a last Canadian cup of tea before we get a taxi to the airport. Our flight doesn't leave until 1:40 a.m. Sunday morning, but we have to be at the airport three hours early.
We Skyped with Brent, Tammy and Nikki this morning. I think they're as excited about our visit as we are! Nikki's picture was in the magazine - not on the cover because they said she couldn't sit up well enough to get a good shot. Anyway, there's a little picture of her inside the magazine which is very cute. Brent and Tammy aren't happy with it because they don't think they used the cutest picture! Oh well, it's her first photo shoot and she's not yet 6 months old!!! As soon as I get a copy of the mag, I'll put the picture on here.
Okay, I need more prayers for my mother. Her doctor advised her to tell her family that she probably has 6 months to a year left. As she said, it's not chiseled in stone, but in case something happens sooner rather than later, she wants to prepare everybody. How in the world you can ever be prepared, I don't know. I've had such a panicky feeling ever since she told me. Anyway, we'll take one day at a time. Bern and I are planning another trip to Montana when we get back from Taiwan, but it might not be until Spring, so hold on, Mama!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment