Monday, June 17, 2013

ANGRY.....but, grateful!

My little 95-year-old friend, Eileen was robbed the other night while she lay, helpless, in her bed. She said something made her wake up, and when she did, she saw two men in her bedroom going through her dresser drawers. She said she stayed perfectly still and waited until she was certain they'd left her house before she got up and called 911. Praise God she wasn't hurt. Can you imagine two thugs targeting a little old lady? I suppose it's a lot easier than going after people who can defend themselves!

I drove her home after church and stayed with her for awhile. She showed me where they had chiseled through her back door and where they had also come in through one of the basement windows. I told her it might be time to look for a nice new condo! Like my mother, it all just seems too overwhelming - what to do with all the "stuff" and is it really worth it to move after so many years. Mind you, if the apartment had worked out for Mom, she'd be moved in by now. Anyway, please keep both these dear ladies in your prayers. Getting old is not for the weak!

On a happier note, my hubby has gone up north fishing with his friend, Dave for a few days. He left on Thursday and will probably be home late tonight or tomorrow. I've had a lovely, peaceful time all by myself and besides taking a meal to a sick friend and her husband on Saturday, I've pretty much done nothing! I wouldn't want to do this forever, but a few days now and again is bliss!

I did make another scrapbook page of our little girl. I just can't help it!!!
 
Also, take a look at this little video. She can already say "hi" - really, listen closely!

No comments:

Post a Comment