We'd planned to have a little surprise 30th birthday party for James last week on the 27th, but the weather reports kept us all safely tucked up at home. Stephanie and I had all the plans made. We were going to pick them up after James got off work, then we were going to take them to "The Works Gourmet Hamburger" place in Oakville, to be met there by Fran, Mike, Heather, Jan and Paul (David emailed to say he wouldn't be able to come). Fran was picking up a cake and I was going to pick up balloons. We had to cancel those plans!
However, Steph's birthday gift to James was an overnight trip to Niagara Falls and they were planning to come to see us Friday night. So, as a special birthday present, we went to Oakville and picked them up, saving them a bus trip. We decided to have supper in Oakville before driving home to Welland, so we went to the restaurant we'd planned to take James to on Wednesday. What a place! The burgers are incredible!! Mine was called "Art Attack" and included eggplant, avacado, and salsa. It sounds weird, but it was soooo good! I could only eat half of it and took the rest home - I finished it the next day. Yummy! I'd made an apple pie on Thursday, so that was the substitute for birthday cake. James was happy, happy, happy!
![]() |
| Our birthday boy! |
![]() |
| Our beautiful Stephanie |
Saturday morning, we drove to Niagara Falls and spent a couple of hours at the Outlet Mall - mostly in the Coach store. Stephanie is addicted to everything "Coach"! They had a 50% off sale - but, even so the purses are VERY expensive. I found a couple I really liked, but there's no way I could spend that much money on a purse - I'm talking $500! And, the littlest wallets are $150-$200. The store was absolutely packed and people were buying several items. Steph found a cover for her ebook reader and Bern bought her a little keychain (to add to her collection).
We decided to have lunch at TGI Fridays before we dropped them off at the hotel. We really had a wonderful time!
BIG NEWS! We talked to Brent and Tammy on Skype Sunday morning before church. It seems that the baby has dropped....so, she could make her appearance any day now! We are all so excited!! Brent had a surprise baby shower for her on Saturday, so they were showing us all the things they got. That Skype is so great - it's almost like being together. Here's a picture of Tammy from a couple of weeks ago.
We were so happy to hear that Tammy gets two months off work with full pay - they usually only get one month for maternity. Also, her company has agreed that she can work part time when she comes back - 8:00 a.m. to noon. This is very good since Brent doesn't go to work until the afternoon, so Nikki will always have one of her parents there. They said they don't trust anybody else to look after her!!



No comments:
Post a Comment