Saturday, September 3, 2011

Another busy week!

I had a lovely surprise on Monday in that when I check facebook, I saw that James had posted some gorgeous pictures of Rachel and himself at Rachel's sister's wedding last weekend. So much fun to look at since I haven't seen James in awhile! So, I'll share a few of them with you.

Gorgeous eyes!!


On Tuesday, my friend Geraldine who is currently the head of our women's Christian club invited all us gals who are part of the executive (me, because I create the invitations and posters - and also do reminder calls each month) to her home for a little lunch and to just reconnect from our summer holidays. It was great to see everybody. One of the ladies brought her sister along - she's visiting from Australia for a couple of months. Her husband passed away earlier this year. She's a lovely lady and we all really enjoyed getting to know her.

When I got home that afternoon, Fran called to say she and Heather were thinking about coming for a visit on Wednesday. They did and Mike also came along. We had a swim after lunch and spent most of the day out on the deck fighting off the hornets. I guess it's just their time of year. It wasn't too bad as long as we didn't try to eat or drink anything! We had supper before they had to leave for home. It was so nice to see them.

Bern and I had been planning to pickle beets on Wednesday, but we decided to bite the bullet and do it on Thursday. I'd helped Shirley at her house last year - but, of course, I remembered nothing! Thankfully, Shirley was only a phone call away and we managed to pickle some pretty awesome beets! We had a few beets left over - not enough to fill a jar - so we put them in the extra brine and stuck them in the fridge. Oh my - they are sooooo good! We managed to get a dozen jars done. I'm so proud of us!
Next on our agenda is pickling peppers, but they're not ready to be picked yet. We haven't done tomatoes yet either - that might be a project for next summer. We just used the last two jars we canned last year - they have such a great flavour!

Last night, Ray and Shirley came over for supper. They're going up north tomorrow for a few days. Ray brought over his swim suit but didn't end up going for a swim. Shirley doesn't swim, so we just visited.

I've been thoroughly enjoying my pool! The weather has been unbearably hot - unbearable if you don't have a pool, that is. It's so nice just to be able to cool off! I'm getting a great tan, too! Anyway, I'm so grateful for all my many, many blessings. I don't deserve any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment