Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lots of catching up to do!!!

We've been so darned busy, I haven't even had time to write about it all - well, I did write to my mother, so part of this may be old news to her. We did go to visit our friends, Kim and Terry in their new home. It's very lovely and they're so happy!! On our way there, Bern's cellphone rang - it was the pool company calling to ask us if we'd like our pool installed the following week instead of waiting two weeks, as planned....yes, Yes, YES, we said in unison!!!

We arrived at K & T's on Thursday around noon and were "greeted" at the door by Bailey - their 85 pound Mastiff "puppy" who doesn't like men, especially men wearing hats. Bern was in her bad books right out of the gate! There were a few tense moments, but all-in-all we had a great time. We played cards, of course and we had a wonderful supper including king crab legs!! It was Terry's birthday, so we got ice cream cake for dessert. We're so spoiled! Friday morning, Kyle (their son) arrived with an entertainment unit he'd made at college...beautiful work! We haven't seen Kyle for a couple of years - he's grown up! It was great to see him.


Bailey




Totaling our hand and foot scores!

Shish-kabobs on the Barby!

Happy birthday, Terry! 51?

Yummy ice cream cake

Me, Kim, Kyle, Bailey and Terry

Bern, Kim, Bailey, Kyle and Terry
On Friday morning after breakfast, we went to Huntfest - a hunting and fishing event that's been advertised for months on TV. Since it was being held only half an hour from Kim's and Terry's, we decided to go have a look. We were a little disappointed since it seemed to be only vendors and no show celebrities or demonstrations. Probably if we'd gone on Saturday instead of the opening day, it would have been better. By the time we got back home, we were exhausted!

I've been working on some scrapbook pages of my trip to Montana. What do you think?






MY POOL IS IN AND FULL OF WATER!!!

Tomorrow, I will update my blog with the pictures - start to finish! The only left to do is build the steps from the deck up to the pool - today, I climbed in using a step ladder - it was fabulous once I was in! Bern might work on the deck structure next week while I'm away with the girls in Calgary. We leave on Monday morning. I'm SO excited! There will be lots of pictures when I get back, I promise!!

Okay, ONE picture of my pool....
With the first truck-load of water - it took FIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment