I transplanted some beautiful flowers from an arrangement of tulips, tiny daffodils, and hyacinth that Jan brought me for Easter! Now, it just better not freeze! I think we're safe. Of course, we've been outside every day that it's not raining, pulling out dandelions. They seem to pop up as soon as you turn your back! We have this handy-dandy dandelion puller that works great - you don't have to bend over much, so it's good for us "oldies".
I went to Curves on Monday and got the latest news on my friend, Carolyn. They're moving her to a different hospital - one where the physiotherapy is more accessible. She's doing better and is awake and talking. The nurses were even able to wheel her out to the nurses' station to accept a phone call from her son, Eric who lives in Taiwan. He and Brent know each other through soccer, but aren't close friends or anything. One of the gals from Curves goes to Carolyn's church and is going to visit her tomorrow. She said she would let Carolyn know I'm thinking about her and praying for her speedy recovery.
I got another email from my friend Dawn about her sister, Marilyn. It appears that Marilyn hasn't been able to get any help at all for the horrible pain she goes through every single day! Dawn feels like Marilyn is losing hope and that she feels far away and abandoned by God. Pain can do so much emotional damage!!! Please keep her in your prayers. There's got to be an answer!
I talked to my Mom on Sunday. She sounds great and is very excited about my upcoming visit - as am I!!! My lovely sister-in-law, Cec is driving up to Regina with Mom to pick me up. I just can't wait to see everybody.
No comments:
Post a Comment