Marilyn is my friend, Dawn's sister who we've been praying for. She was suffering from excrutiating pain from which there seemed to be no cure. Dawn sent this letter from Marilyn thanking us for our prayers. Awesome, huh?
Just wanted to give you all an update on what's been going on with me.
After 5 months of blood work, x-rays, cat scan, ultrasounds, going to 4 different specialists, numerous trips to ER, 10 days in the hospital.....I've found out that every organ in my body is healthy and I could probably live to be 100!!!!!!!
But the MRI of my spine finally gave us the answer. In laymen's terms..I have severe degenerative changes in my lower spine. I have a "chronic severe compression fracture" of one of my vertebrae which means I have had this fracture for a long time possibly from a fall or 2 or 3 (those are the ones I remember) and it has lost 80% of its height. Plus another vertebrae has slipped out of line with the rest of my spine. I am being referred to an orthopedic surgeon.
Although my pelvic pain continues, it is not nearly as intense has it has been. I still can't do a whole lot. I do believe that God is bringing healing to my body. Now I know why riding in the car makes everything worse!
Once again I want to thank you for your sacrifice of prayers for me. How much I needed them!
Scriptures that I have read for years and were so familiar to me have become not mere words but an experience.
Learning to.....Trust God with all my heart
Learning to.....Lean not on my own understanding
Learning to.....Acknowledge Him in all my ways
Learning to.....Fear God and shun evil
And His promise to me has been ......I will bring health to your body and nourishment to your "bones"!!!!
He has taught me to find shelter underneath the shadow of His wings!
What an awesome God we serve.
Please continue to pray that I would use and incorporate ALL that I have God has taught me into my everyday life.
And please don't stop praying for my precious sister, Dawn who has been such a support and encouragement to me during these past few months.
May God truly bless you all,
Marilyn
What an awesome God we serve, indeed! Well, I'm totally getting excited about my upcoming trip to Montana. All the essential things have been taken care of like travel insurance. Just need a pair of comfy shoes for traveling in. I emailed my niece, Robin out in Calgary letting her know I'll be spending a couple of hours in the Calgary airport on my way to and from Regina. Hopefully, she and her Mom can meet me for a coffee. Robin just celebrated her birthday on May 18th which happened to also be her Great Aunt Jackie's 100th birthday!
We've been having some really lovely weather this week. According to the Weather Channel, we were supposed to be rained on all week, so we're happy. I got some gardening done - nothing major, mostly weed pulling!
No comments:
Post a Comment